Oster is a household brand founded by John Oster in the US. The first product the brand launched was the Osterizer blender in 1946. Throughout the manufacturing process, Oster always changes and improves its technology, providing consumers with impressive quality products.
Thanks to that diligent effort, the company has enjoyed a strong growth not only in the US but also in the world.
If you are new to Oster, take a while to read this Oster Pro 1200 Review to understand more about this line of blenders which can be the ideal partners to help you make fresh and delicious smoothies in the beloved kitchen.[row ] [col span=”1/2″ ]
[/col] [col span=”1/2″ ]
✅ This Oster blender and food blender has 7 speeds
✅ There are 8 BPA-free Tritan plastic bottles that are dishwasher-safe
✅ Ultra wide 3.5
✅ Includes a 5 cup food blender with chopped and cut blades
✅ Dual Directional Blade Technology adds blending power for precise cutting and grinding[/col] [/row]
General characteristics of the Oster blender line
– Nice design: We can see how Oster is meticulous in shaping the products through their special, fancy, and highly-unique design. It seems that the exterior design has no overlap. Each type looks different, creating a deep impression from the first sign.
– Beautiful colors: the color of the blender is usually bold, glossy and the colors mark a deep impression on the user. Just look once you will remember forever.
– Strong performance: not only successfully completed the work of grinding fruit and smoothies, it seems that every Oster product can also blend ice.
– Versatility: Most Oster blenders have a lot of pre-installed grinding modes. You just need to press the button or rotate (if it is a knob) to the appropriate level of processing food, such as soup, smoothies, cakes, etc.
– Slight noise: A characteristic of the Oster brand-name blender is the slight noise. However, it is only buzzing and not really annoying like some other brands. Hence, this defect can still be somehow acceptable.
– “Made in China”: Even though Oster is an American brand, their factories are located in China. And of course, the words have no job in affecting the quality.
– Medium-to-high price: The price for an Oster blender ranges around 100$. You can easily find those appliances on e-commerce sites, in chain stores, electronics supermarkets, or home appliances. To some people, the cost is pretty expensive, but it is worth all advantages mentioned above.
The Oster Pro 1200’s main features
- Color: Metallica Grey
- Material: Plastic
- Brand: Oster
- Dimensions: 7x7x14 inches
- Weight: 7.9 Pounds
- Measurements: oz and cups
- Warranty: 3 years
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power
- 50 percents larger blade system
- A variety of settings
- Plastic smoothie cup with lid
- Extra-large capacity 5-cup food processing bowl
- 6-cup Boroclass glass jar
- Pulse function for added control and precision
Highlights of the Oster Pro 1200 blender
To begin with, the blender, Oster Pro 1200, is an industrial blender with a designed capacity of 1200W. With this power, you can blend anything in seconds, including frozen ingredients or ice, as the new recommended crushing capacity is 900W.
The Oster blender parts are intelligently-designed, allowing you to integrate multiple segments. This means that the blender, mill units, actuators, and blades can all be mounted and exchanged on the same base.
In terms of appearance, the device is sleek and modern with a stainless steel bezel. But, what makes the value of the Oster Pro 1200 blender is not only the eye-catching design and strong capacity but also the features and technology.
As mentioned above, the Oster Pro 1200 is equipped with a 1,200-watt motor that drives the blades at 19,000 rpm (revs per minute). All blades feature a durable metal motor and connections.
Patented Dual Direction Blade technology has a 3.5-inch wide blade – 50% larger than a standard one. This technology moves the blade forward and backward, which pulls items onto the blades and prevents them from sticking to the jar walls. This also means you don’t have to open the lid to scrape everything off from time to time. Therefore, it saves much time to undertake root vegetables, nuts, and even ice.
Various Control Functions
The control panel with touchpad has seven functions. Three of them are pre-installed programs for quick and easy food preparation, including automatic functions for smoothies, salsas, and shakes.
The other buttons are Pulse, Low, Medium, and High, working in both blade directions. To cancel the speed mode, just press the Stop button while the pulse mode will continue for as long as the pulse button is pressed down.
The blender doesn’t have an ice crushing mode, but the high speed does a good job of getting the snow off the ice. Alternatively, you can use pulse mode to cut vegetables or grind grains at ease.
This versatile blender comes with a 6-cup or 48-ounce borosilicate glass jar. The best part here is that the high-quality borosilicate glass material can be resistant to pressure as well as withstand high temperatures, which will ensure its durability.
The container is designed quite wide to make mixing easier. Furthermore, the plastic screw cap with lever ensures that the lid remains in place during operation, thus preventing splashes.
Blend right into the to-go-cup with Oster Pro 1200
The package also comes with a 24-ounce bowl with a lid in case users want to make a convenient personal drink of smoothies on the go. Two size options give you the flexibility of creating a large batch for groups or single serving. I personally love this item even more when knowing that this take-away cup is made from hard polycarbonate, BPA free.
Ease Of Use And Cleaning
The Oster Pro 1200 blender is fairly easy to work with even if you’re a newbie:
– Assembling and disassembling the removable parts is effortless.
– No need to twist or rotation locking to put the jar on the base; just simply place it on, and that’s it!
– There are multiple speed settings and programs for you to choose from, and you can stop the process at any time with the Stop button.
Thick glass containers can be cleaned with the dishwasher, except for plastic cups. So, you should take apart the cup and its lid to wash them by hand. Alternatively, you can choose to automatically clean by running the containers with a little warm soapy water before rinsing.
Annoying sound is considered one of the characteristics of the Oster blender line. Especially, the higher the speed is, the noisier it will be. Sometimes, it sounds like a revolving motor. Well, if you are living in a family and intending to use the machine in the early morning or late at night, you should be aware of this issue.
The Oster Pro 1200’s price is quite reasonable, ranging under $100. Still, it blends just like many other brands that would cost you hundreds of dollars. With the Oster Pro 1200’s versatility and strong performance, you can make everything fresh and delicious.
Smart settings are conveniently programmed to blend the perfect smoothies, salsas and milkshakes in just one touch so you never have to guess how long or what speed to mix your ingredients.
This can be an ideal choice for you if you’re looking for a powerful and fairly versatile machine at a very affordable cost.
Tips for using the Oster Pro 1200 blender
– The Oster 1200 works well with hot substances as well. However, you should start at slow speed and pour under the 1-liter level. Also, remember to remove the little cap out of the jug so that the heat can go through.
– If you want to measure the liquid at a small amount, use the tiny cup on top of the jar lid. It’s equivalent to 2 ounces.
– To get the best smooth blending function, make sure you add enough liquid (milk, water, yogurt, etc.).
– If you want to crush ice, use the pulse control only.
– When blending, gently press the top of the jar lid, keeping it down.
– For cleaning:
- Method 1: Use a wet tissue or towel to wipe the base and the container first. Then, disassemble and clean every part by hand or even dishwasher.
- Method 2: Drop soapy water inside the container and choose the high speed to let the blender clean itself. Thanks to the modern blade system, which is pretty sharp and wide, it is a good way to wash the machine safe and sound.
Verdict for Oster Pro 1200 Blender
The Oster Pro 1200 blender offers you a great range of features at an inexpensive price. It features a powerful 1,200-watt motor, Dual Direction blade technology, a durable glass bottle, and 7 blending functions for easy control.
This product is capable of processing almost everything you put in, from ice to green vegetables and hard nuts like coffee, pepper, etc. Additionally, this blender comes with both a multi-person mill and a versatile one-person mill suitable for your needs. The Oster Pro 1200 also has a relatively long warranty compared to other blenders in the same price range.
Hopefully, after this detailed Oster Pro 1200 review, you have collected the necessary information about the Oster brand as well as the 1200 model. Is this the kind of appliance you’ve always been looking for? I think you are clearer than anyone else.