While you may already be filtrating your kitchen tap water with an under-skin water filter, it is also time you upgraded your filtration to all water outlets in your house. Using the best whole house water filtration system, you can rest assured your drinking and cleaning water is in the best condition.
A whole house water filter delivers clean water for cooking, laundry, showering, and even watering your beloved house plants. It not only removes contaminants like chlorine and metallic minerals but also improves the smell and taste of your water.
We will discuss the best whole house water filtration systems you can buy today, so you don't make the wrong choice. They are not very expensive, require basic maintenance, and even meet the NSF/ANSI 42 standard.
1. iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtering System
- Protect Your Family and Household Appliance from Sediment, Chlorine, and More: Say goodbye to...
- DIY Installation and Maintenance: Refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY...
- Top-Notch Quality: The first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter is able to achieve...
- Peace of Mind Customer Service: Register online to activate your extended manufacturer warranty and...
- Please Note: Unlike an RO system, this system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), and...
This model is your best whole house water filtration system when you want to remove chlorine, rust, sediments, and other water contaminants. According to the manufacturer, this filter removes up to 99% chlorine from your water and 95% of sediments contaminating your water.
It is your best buy if you live on a farm where you use pesticides and herbicides. If you have an underground well, it is easy for these two harmful contaminants to find their way to the water. Using this iSpring whole house filter helps you remove the elements from your water.
It is a good buy if you also use municipal water, which is always chlorinated to disinfect it. It is easy to install on the main water supply for 3-stage water filtration. The first step removes sediment and debris using a polypropylene filter.
The second and third stages use CTO (Chlorine, Taste, and Odor) carbon filters to clean your household water. The activated carbon block filters are made with coconut shell carbon that guarantees quality and durability.
The unit's capacity is 100 000 gallons of water before the filters need replacing. The replacement process is quite easy also, and they are available at very affordable prices.
The Spring WGB32B is tested and approved to meet NSF/ANSI standards. It is a great unit that only removes contaminants while maintaining all the healthy minerals you want in your water. It requires a minimum and maximum working pressure of 25PSI and 80PSI, respectively, and provides a constant flow rate of 15 GPM.
2. GE GXWH40L High Flow Whole Home Filtration System
- Heavy-duty filtration system: Clear sump allows for easy viewing of filter
- Filters water at the main supply: Install system in basement and/or out of sight. Compatible Pipe...
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce sediment, scale, dirt and rust in your water, appliances and...
- Easy installation: Includes 1" plumbing connection, pressure relief valve, bypass option, mounting...
- Three-month life: For best filtration results, filter: FXHTC or FXHSC (not included) should be...
This water filter from GE comes in a clear sump that shows you the number of contaminants it is removing as it discolors. It is easy to install on your main water supply and also easy to remove the filters.
This whole house filtration system is ideal for municipal and well water. It removes chlorine, sediment, rust, bad water odor, and scaling, so you have clean water for cooking, cleaning, showering, toilet, and laundry. It is best for protecting your piping and appliances from fast deterioration.
It is a durable unit that comes with a mounting bracket, so you can easily fix it on your wall. It also features a 3-way valve that lets you control the water flow, the best feature when you want to shut the flow to change the filter.
The filter needs a working pressure of 20-100 PSI. It is also tested and meets the NSF/ANSI 42 testing standard. The filter works with 3/4 or 1" plumbing in horizontal pipe connections. It allows a 15GPM flow rate which is an ideal pressure for home chores.
The filters will require changing the filter every three months. One downside, this unit is sold without a filter; you need to buy that separately.
3. Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System
- Clean, Great Tasting Water From Every Tap In Your Home - Removes 97% of chlorine and reduces harmful...
- High-Performance Filter System - Salt-free conditioner, carbon & KDF filtration engineered to...
- Cost Efficient & Long Lasting - Clean water for less than $0.01 a gallon - Save twice as much...
- Easy Maintenance - No draining or back flushing needed - Easily replace pre and post filters every 3...
- Top-Grade Install Kit & Components - System includes filter tank, conditioner tank, 20" pre-filter,...
If you want to buy a strong and long-lasting unit, this Aquasana is your best whole house water filtration system. It has a water filtration capacity of 1 000 000 gallons, translating to up to 10 years of soft, clean, and healthy water.
It is best for municipal and well water. According to Aquasana, the unit can filter up to 97% of chlorine while also effectively removing other contaminants like sediment, dirt, mercury, lead, rust, herbicides, pesticides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). It also removes scaling to prolong the life of your plumbing and appliances.
The unit comes with a salt-free conditioner that is ideal for very hard water. This whole house filter works in three steps to leave you with healthy drinking and cleaning water without removing the important water minerals.
Installing it may require some plumbing skills, so it would be best to hire a plumber if you have none. It comes with all installation tools with the purchase. It seals perfectly using O-rings, so you don't have to worry about leakages which would increase your bills.
It is best to replace the activated carbon filters every three months for the best results. It is a bit expensive, but the unit guarantees longevity and is NSF 42-certified.
4. 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filter
- CLEARLY GREAT WATER: This whole house water filter reduces sediment build-up, chlorine taste and...
- EASY TO REPLACE: Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design allows for fast and easy change-outs of the 3M...
- 100,000 GALLON CAPACITY: Replacement cartridge has an activated carbon filter with nominal heavy...
- FLOW RATE: 1” inlet and outlet connections to help a plumbing professional with easy installation...
- CORROSION RESISTANT: 304 stainless steel head can be installed on existing copper pipes in the home....
This unit is one of the best whole house water filters if you want to filter contaminants like sediment, chlorine, and scale. When you eliminate these, your appliances such as dishwashers, hot showers, washing machines, and other kitchen appliances will serve you longer. Even better, the unit does not remove TDS from your water.
It allows your whole household to enjoy clean, healthy water from every outlet. However, the filter does not come with all installation tools. It uses NTP female end connections when joining your plumbing. The ends indicate inlet and outlet, so it is easy for you or your plumber to install correctly.
This whole home water filter has a filtering capacity of 100 000 gallons and requires a feeder flow rate of 7PSI. Additionally, it releases water for household usage at 20 GPM. It is tested and certified to meet the NSF 42 test standard.
The unit uses an activated carbon filter that removes most of the water impurities. It is easy to replace the filters after several months without accessing the filter media. You also will not need to use any special tools like the filter wrench when replacing the filter.
5. Home Master HMF2SmgCC Two- Stage Whole House Filter System
- Massive filter housings with 1-inch ports for the strongest water pressure possible -- up to...
- Four gradient density sediment filter produces finer filtration and greater dirt holding capacity...
- 95, 000-gallon capacity replaceable catalytic carbon filter provides a full year of clean water for...
- Excellent purification -- removes up to 95 percent of sediment, chloramines, chlorine, chemicals,...
- Oversize filters improve flow rate and reduce maintenance frequency
Your best city water whole house filter works in two steps to give you clean water that is ideal for all household cleaning and cooking. It cleans water that is disinfected with chlorine and chloramine and comes with filter housings1-inch ports.
It comes with a sediment filter that offers four layers of filtration. It captures even the finest debris before releasing your water to a coconut shell carbon filter. This filter cleans 95 000 gallons of water before you need to replace it.
According to the manufacturer, this unit is 95% effective in removing chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals, and other water treatment chemicals. Also, it eliminates bad odors, scaling, and bad tastes so you and your family can enjoy healthy, sweet water.
It offers an excellent 10 GPM flow rate and uses an oversized filter to maintain a constant flow. The unit is easy to install; it comes with two canisters, a sediment filter, and a carbon filter. It comes at an affordable price and is from a company the specializes in reverse osmosis systems.
How To Buy Your Best Whole House Water Filtration System
When selecting your best whole house water filtration system, there are a few features to look for in the filter and your plumbing system. Before buying your filtration system, the first thing to do is to understand what in your water needs filtration.
If you use city water, you can check from your municipality how they treat water. Once you understand the levels of chlorine, chloramine, and other chemicals in the water, you can buy a filter that can bring the levels down so your health won't be affected.
If you use well water, it is best to get a filtration system that removes sediment, dirt, odors, smell, and more water contaminants. Other than your water condition, consider the following before you buy a whole house water filter.
a) Water flow
One best way to ensure you get the best whole house water filtration system for your house is by understanding the amount of water it can filter every minute. In application, the water passes through the filter before being distributed to the different faucets in your household.
When you buy the filtration system, you should see the manufacturer's flow rate recommendation in GPM or gallons per minute. Pick a rate that would sufficiently supply water around the house, especially at pick hours when most appliances are running.
If you have several people in your house, any rate above 15 GPM could be sufficient. It can reach different showers, a dishwasher, and the laundry room without interrupting water flow. The water flow rate ranges between 10 to 40 GPM.
b) Type of filter
Before you buy a water filter for the whole house, it would be best to test your water to understand which elements you need to remove. While all units function to clean water, they come with different filters that remove certain elements.
However, regardless of whether you use city water or well water, some common contaminants are sediment, rust, dirt, and dust. To filter these, you will need a system that uses multi-stage filtration to remove even the finest particles.
If you only use municipal water, you will need carbon filtration to remove chlorine, chloramine, and more. Additionally, your city water will also contain iron and rust found in pipes, so your uni will also need to have a sediment filter.
c) Water Consumption
How much water your household consumes should also guide you to the best house water filter system. All filters have the maximum amount of water they can filter before they become ineffective. This information can be found not the manufacturer's website and product description.
It is a feature that determines filter life and the kind of maintenance you need. When buying, pick the best whole house water filter that fits the water consumption in your household. This article reviewed one filtration system that filters up to 1 000 000 gallons of water, while another one can filter 95 000 gallons.
However, please note that your type of water affects the durability of a whole house water filter. If your water has too many contaminants, you will need to replace the filters more often.