Eating healthy is paramount in today's time. Although health specialists recommend that you cook as often as possible, we understand that it takes time. The last thing you want is to take two hours cooking a meal that you will gobble up in 30 minutes. We can't teach you how to cook fast now, but we can give you the chance to get the best vegetable slicer to speed up the process.
Chopping, dicing, and slicing vegetables takes time. Whether it's for your fresh meal or some bites, you want to get a vegetable slicer that will make the preparation quick, easy, and fun. Vegetable slicers come in numerous styles, including a mandoline slicer, a spiralizer, and many more. Here are the best vegetable slicers in the market for you to choose from.
Best Vegetable Slicer for Efficient Meal Preparation
1. Mueller Austria Mandoline Slicer
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Other Low Quality Under $25 Models – This is a high quality machine built...
- Nobody Needs Another Flimsy Kitchen Gadget or has the time to slave away with a knife. This is...
- Best Patented Design – We designed the only knob-controlled fully adjustable mandoline slicer...
- Healthy Eating Should Be Easy without breaking the bank. Great tools make it a snap, no matter the...
- Our Customer Care Promise – Mueller believes in making life easier, better and more enjoyable in...
Taking the spotlight as the top vegetable slicer on our list today, this mandoline slicer has five ultra-Shar stainless steel interchangeable blades for your convenience. This slicer boasts high-quality features and a superb design. The 420-grade hardened surgical blades give you the luxury to cut your vegetables into various shapes. If you like experimenting with recipes, you'll enjoy slicing your vegetables into different shapes and sizes thanks to this stainless steel vegetable slicer.
The stainless steel blade ensures no chance of corrosion or rust, making this vegetable slicer safe to use. It's also 100% BPA free and durable reinforced ABS plastic is used to enhance the safety of this mandoline slicer. The slicing guard is another feature that ensures your safety by holding up your fruits and vegetables tightly to ascertain that your fingers remain safe.
For small sizes, you can stick the vegetable being sliced into the middle point of the guard. This ensures that you get the size you want without having to hold the vegetable. Therefore, if you want variety in your shapes and sizes and want a high-quality gadget, go for this stainless steel mandoline slicer.
2. Brieftons 7-Blade Spiralizer
- BEST RATED, LATEST DESIGN WITH SUPERIOR VALUE: Don't waste your hard earned money on other old &...
- STRONGEST YET & QUALITY ABOVE ALL: No expense was spared in making this the best quality spiralizer...
- GET THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY: ✅ 7 blades to make a wide variety of cuts e.g. 2mm angel-hair noodle,...
- OPEN UP A WHOLE NEW WORLD OF HEALTHY EATING: Use recipe ideas from your accompanied Ebook to start...
- LIFETIME REPLACEMENT, BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: You are covered by our lifetime no-hassle replacement...
Getting the best slicer will save you a lot of time and energy. This blade spiralizer includes 7 clearly labeled ultra-sharp stainless steel blades that will give you seven different shapes for your creative recipes. It has four Julienne blades that you can use to make noodles of various sizes, a flat slicer blade for ribbon slices, a wavy slicer blade, and a true curly fry blade that you can use to make true-sized curly fries.
It's rare to find a vegetable slicer model and spiralizer with these amazing features, especially at this best price. Also, few models come with this number of blades. These factors and more make this spiralizer a gem to behold. The fantastic salad slicing design of this spiralizer makes it excellent at creating award-winning salads. This vegetable slicer also comes with an extra blade caddy storage just for you.
If you are a lover of potato chips, you will love how effortless it is to use this high-quality kitchen device to make your slices. This slicing tool can hold large vegetables and fruit to a maximum of 10 inches long and 7 inches wide. It is 100% BPA-free, so you don't have to worry about getting ill from using it.
3. Fullstar Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer
- 4 interchangeable blades let you julienne, chop and slice vegetables with ease. Built-in chop lid...
- Rust resistant heavy-duty 420 stainless steel retains razor sharpness for crisp, smooth cutting and...
- Soft grip handle with rubberized tpu enhances leverage while the non-skid base ensures stability...
- BPA Free. This compact chopper measures just 10.63”L x 4.72”H x 4.48”W. It can be fully...
- Read the manual carefully - Please read the instruction manual provided with the Fullstar food...
This is another vegetable slicer with cool safety features for effectively slicing your vegetables. You can use it as a salad chopper as it consists of four ultra-sharp interchangeable blades and a 1.2L container where you can store your shredded vegetables. The heavy-duty 420-grade stainless steel blades ensure that your slicing is smooth and crisp.
You can use this vegetable slicer for slicing and shredding your vegetable into different shapes, thanks to the different blade plates. You can also safely put cucumbers, potatoes, and carrots into this kitchen tool when you want to slice them, thanks to the soft-grip handles.
This hand-held shredder is FDA approved and 100% BPA free and can be used anywhere you go. The clear body of the container allows you to monitor the progress as you cut and slice cucumbers, zucchini, squash, and even spices such as ginger.
4. DASH Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer
- SAFER: Designed to keep hands and fingers away from blades, for an easier, safer way to slice The...
- VERSATILE: Slice, julienne, matchstick, dice, and more for easy meal prep, with 30 different preset...
- EASY CLEAN: Compact design folds down for easy storage The included brush eliminates buildup on the...
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home gift Its small size takes up little counter or...
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty (2 yr with Feel Good Rewards Registration), the...
This vegetable slicer can be used as a slicer, dicer, and julienne. You'll find that most mandolines are designed to have an exposed blade that you use to cut your vegetables. This mandoline is slightly different because it has a feed tube that leads to the blade. It also has a push handle that moves the cutting blade against the vegetables.
There's a spring that allows the handle to pop up automatically and get ready for the next slice. A pusher fits into the tube and ensures that your veggies make the right contact with the sharp blade. You can set the cutting for thickness between .5 to 8 millimeters. This thickness is great for salads, soups, stews, and laws. This mandoline is very versatile thanks to the julienne knob and matchstick knob that engage the blades.
While using this mandoline slicer, you won't have to worry about keeping your counter or work surface clean, thanks to the catcher container that holds the cut food. The purchase of this tool also comes with a small brush to allow for safe and easy cleaning of the sharp blades. You'll find that its legs lock to place as you use it and fold down to enable compact storage. Another great thing about this kitchen tool is that it is dishwasher safe.
5. Swissmar Borner V-Slicer Plus Mandoline 5 Piece Set
- Set includes tough ABS plastic frame, food safety holder, 3 blade inserts, and storage caddy with...
- Includes 7mm blade, 3.5mm blade, and thick/thin reversible slicing blade; slice different...
- Made in Germany, surgical-grade stainless-steel blades are incredibly sharp and snap in and out of...
- Ambidextrous Food Safety holder provides complete protection; prongs hold food while guard protects...
- Protective storage caddy safely holds all components while not in use; easy to clean; rinse under...
Here is another impressive mandoline slicer that is great for cutting softer vegetables such as tomatoes. This is partly because it is a V-slice mandoline. V-slicers are better at cutting food, although they also slice other types of vegetables very well. This V-slice mandoline is made of two reversible blades that offer you two different slicing thickness cuts.
This V-slice mandoline also has different blades for french-fry cuts and julienne cuts. Safety is also guaranteed as you use this V-slice mandoline as it is made of stainless steel blades and high-quality ABS plastic. You'll also have access to a hand guard to ensure that your fingers are always safe. We advise that you wash this mandoline vegetable slicer by hand.
For easy storage, you'll find that all four pieces of this mandoline fit together in a compact holder for smooth storage. You'll be able to quickly, safely, and uniformly slice and julienne your vegetables and fruits with this mandoline. You can also choose to shred neatly diced potatoes, cabbage, tomatoes, and onions.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Vegetable Slicer
Safety is paramount when it comes to choosing a great vegetable slicer for you. One thing is to ensure that your slicer is stable and doesn't move around while you slide your veggies on the blade. This means that the rubber feet need to be strong and to work well to prevent any accidents.
Another way to ensure safety is to choose a tool that has a solid guard to ensure that your hands are properly protected against the blades. Most of the slicers we've mentioned above are made of stainless steel material that does not rust or corrode.
Choosing this material adds to safety because there's no risk of contamination or food poisoning.
2. Various Settings
If you like variety and the ability to make many different dishes, go for a vegetable slicer with various settings. This type will give you value for your money, and you can adjust the thickness to suit the recipes you are working on.
By applying the different settings, you're able to cook a beautiful dinner that has potatoes sliced to the right thickness and carrots that are finely sliced to your liking. That's the great advantage of different thicknesses. You can get what you want.
3. Ease of Cleaning
You don't want a dirty and filthy vegetable slicer. Cleaning can be tiresome. Therefore, you want to get yourself a kitchen device that is dishwasher safe. Choose a kitchen cutting device that you can take apart and throw the parts and the blades into the dishwasher once you are cooking your recipes and cutting your fruit.
Choose a vegetable slicer that is very high-quality and will last you a long time. Lucky for you, all the options above in this article fit this description. A great and high-quality veggies slicer should be easy to use and also offer you the best service.
Your workload should be cut by more than half, and your speed increased with the right kitchen gadget. The service that this slicer gives you should continue for a long time, and the blades must not corrode or rust. Any of our options above fits this description nicely.
5. Handheld or Kickstand
Especially when it comes to mandolines, you need to decide whether you want a hand-held model or a kickstand model. It all comes down to your preferences. Some cooks prefer to prop up the stand to support the mandoline, while others want to hold the gadget in their non-dominant hand as they work.
However, hand-held mandolines offer you more control as you get to choose the angle at which you'd like to slice your food. When it comes to convenience, it's easier to position a hand-held model over your own instead of having to transfer your cut veggies from the cutting bowl or container to the bowl.
Nonetheless, you can choose the French mandoline, which is the kickstand model, if you want your other hand to be free while slicing. The decision of the best model for you comes from what you prefer.
6. Blade Type
There are three blade varieties, including French, Japanese, and V-shaped. Each of these blade types offers you different capabilities. Some of the factors that determine the kind of blade you choose include the kinds of food you'll be cutting if you'll use specialty-shaped blades like Julienne and waffle-cut and how frequently you'll use the tool.
Although having extra blades isn't necessary, it's fun and exciting to have the options to change up your fruit and vegetable prep. If you can choose a mandoline with a removable and replaceable blade, you'll have an extra advantage when your blade dulls.
Nonetheless, note that some mandolines are created at a fixed thickness while some have adjustable thicknesses. Choose a model that is adjustable if you want to control the range of thickness you are slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Type of Cuts Can Vegetable Slicers Make?
Slices of uniform thickness. You can adjust the thickness of the slices by changing the blade. Choosing a slicer with smooth and sharp blades will allow you to make more decorative and straight cuts, including crinkle cuts and waffles.
2. What Types of Food Can Vegetable Slicers Cut?
Several types of food. All you need to do is place the veggies or food you want to slice on the platform and slice. However, vegetable slicers are often used to cut fruits and vegetables into uniform shapes and sizes. You can also use them to cut hard cheese when making salads and other fresh recipes.