If you're in search of a fast and efficient way to prepare healthier and delicious meals for your family, you should consider getting an air fryer. However, if you have a large family, it is crucial to get the best largest air fryer with enough room for the amount of serving you want.
Air fryers have simplified the process of conventional cooking and also revolutionized traditional fried foods. They come with baskets that can cook different capacities of food at a time. The convenience of this appliance is unmatched, and they circulate hot air to give the same crispy results as a deep fryer but with minimal oil.
With the increased popularity of air fryers, there are many options of large air fryers that can do much more than air frying food. To help you decide on the best one for you, we have reviewed the five best large-capacity air fryers. Moreover, we have a buying guide to help you know what to consider before buying one.
5 Best Air Fryers
1. Ninja Foodi 8-Quart 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Airfryer
- The Ninja Foodi Deluxe—the deluxe pressure cooker that crisps.
- Deluxe cooking capacity - XL 8-quart pot, XL 5-quart Cook & Crisp Basket and Deluxe Reversible Rack...
- TenderCrisp Technology lets you quickly pressure cook ingredients to lock in juices, then give them...
- Deluxe Reversible Rack lets you steam and broil, as well as TenderCrisp up to 8 chicken breasts at...
- XL 8-quart ceramic-coated pot: Nonstick, PTFE/PFOA free, and easy to hand-wash.
If you're hoping to get optimum convenience from an air fryer, the Ninja Foodi 8-Quart 9-in-1 Deluxe XL air fryer is a handy kitchen appliance that can cook every component of a meal simultaneously. It comes in nine settings: bake/roast, steam, saute/sear, air crisp, dehydrate, slow cook, yogurt, pressure cook, and broil.
It features Ninja's TenderCrisp technology to pressure cooks foods, for example, chicken. This allows it to lock in the juices and then creates a crispy finish. It features several dishwasher parts, including a 5-quart crisping basket, a double reverse rack, and an 8-quart ceramic-coated pot.
Measuring at 16.1 x 14.57 x 14.29 inches, this air fryer provided a power output of 1760 watts. The temperatures run from 80 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and a recipe book is included with every purchase.
2. COSORI Air Fryer Max XL
- Critically Acclaimed: This award-winning air fryer (Red Dot Award, 2019) features 13 one-touch...
- Less Oil: The air fryer uses up to 85% less oil than traditional deep frying methods while...
- Large Capacity: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken....
- 13 Cooking Functions: 11 presets, Preheat, and Keep Warm help you cook meat, veggies, desserts, and...
- Safe Materials: The removable, nonstick baskets are dishwasher safe, PFOA free, and BPA free. The...
The Cosori Air Fryer Max XL comes with a 5.8-quart capacity that can easily hold up to a six-pound chicken. Its square-shaped design boasts 11 cooking presets for meals like bacon, french fries, steak, poultry, etc. This means you can automatically set the temperature that is right for your needs,
The fryer also offers a shake reminder and a preheat function. Its easy-to-read LED display also features single touch buttons that are easy to use. The exterior of the air fryer has a smudge-resistant that comes in handy during cleaning. The detachable non-stick basket is held in place with a latch and is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
This Cosori air fryer measures 14.3 x 11.8 x 12.6 inches, a compact size to save on the counter space, and is easier to store. It can get to a temperature from 170 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and a power output of 1700 watts. It also comes with a recipe or cookbook to help you achieve crispier and tastier results.
3. GoWISE USA Deluxe 15-in-1 Electric Air Fryer
- Family-sized & space saver: 12.7 quarts of cooking space makes this air fryer one of the largest on...
- Built-in rotisserie: Prepare whole roasts, tenderloins, racks of Kababs, and even a whole chicken....
- Includes 10 accessories: Comes with 10 accessories – everything you’ll need to make a homemade...
- Easy-to-use: Easy to read, simple to use control display with 15 presets takes the guesswork out of...
- 50 recipes to get you started: Your purchase includes a recipe book specifically made for the GoWISE...
If you're hoping to get a budget-friendly option, the GoWISE USA Deluxe 15-in-1 Electric Air Fryer is a great one. It can cook eight recipes, including chicken, pork, french fries, pizza, etc. It has temperature functions from 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit that one can easily set to 10 degrees increments.
The LED display shows the temperatures and has a stop/start button to help change the temperature during cooking. It also features a 30-minute cooking timer and a shake reminder with a 5, 10, or 15 minutes setting. This air fryer also comes with a detachable basket, a recipe book, and a non-stick pan. It measures 13.5 x 12.5 x 11.5 inches.
It includes a safety button guard to ensure the basket doesn't detach itself at an inappropriate time. With a 12.7 quart of frying space, this air fryer is one of the largest in the market, but it is still compact enough to fit the counter space. The 15 presets help eliminate the guesswork in temperature and time settings.
4. Philips Kitchen Appliances Digital Twin TurboStar Airfryer
- The Philips Airfryer XXL is the healthiest way to fry, with little or no added oil. It's the only...
- With a 3 pounds capacity you can now make delicious meals for the up to 6 people every day. Fits a...
- The air fryer is instantly hot and ready to go in seconds, cooking 4 times faster than a...
- Multi-cooking technology: Air fry, bake, grill, roast, reheat, dehydrate, and toast, all in the same...
- Cleaning is simple: The Philips Airfryer XXL includes dishwasher-safe removable parts, and a...
The Philips Kitchen Appliances Digital Twin TurboStar is the best large air fryer from Philips. This model boasts of the fat reduction technology that captures and reduces excess fat and is also a healthier way to fry with only a little added oil. It comes with a quick-to-clean basket and also a recipe book.
With a capacity of three pounds, this air fryer can accommodate meals of up to six people. The cooking basket is big enough to hold a whole chicken. Moreover, this air fryer doesn't require preheating because it turns hot in seconds. This model has been reviewed to cook four times faster compared to a conventional oven, thereby reducing the cooking time.
The Philips Airfryer XXL features a multi-cooking technology meaning anyone can use it to grill, bake, dehydrate, fry, toast, roast, and reheat. Its digital display interface has five one-touch programs that make frying easy. This air fryer can reach temperatures from 104 to 392 degrees Fahrenheit and has a power output of 1725 watts.
5. Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Air Fryer
- Wi-fi connectivity: With the proscenichome app, Alexa or Google Assistant voice commands, you can...
- Tens of online recipes & customize recipes: The proscenichome app provides you Tens of preset...
- Combination functions: Engineered with three combination functions - Schedule + menu + keep Warm,...
- Non-stick & dishwasher safe basket: The detachable basket of this air fryer is made of aluminum with...
- Cooking fast: The air fryer adopts new technology - rapid hot air technology to cook, the heat is...
Instant Pot Vortex Plus 10 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Air Fryer will give you flavourful deep-fried meals without having to use a lot of oil. It is equipped with seven smart functions: bake, broil, rotisserie, dehydrate, toast, reheat, and roast. This appliance also features a One-step EvenCrisp Technology that allows you to achieve a crispy meal on the outside with a tender inside.
Whether you're roasting meat in the rotisserie style or tumble frying in the rotating basket, you will have the same level of deliciousness. The Instant Vortex Plus is a large air fryer oven model that circulates superhot air around the food, allowing it to cook evenly as well as locking in moisture. It comes with a rotisserie basket, a drip pan, rotisserie spit, and forks, as well as two baking trays.
No preheating is necessary to achieve healthy and tasty meals. It measures 13.78 x 13.23 x 14.37 inches and has a capacity of 10 quarts which is large enough to accommodate a whole chicken. The digital display screen has a 60-minute timer and a thermostat that can control temperatures from 105 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Large Capacity Air Fryer
1. Capacity and Size
The capacity is the amount of food that the air fryer can hold, which is determined by the number of quarts. A large-capacity air fryer should have a capacity of at least four quarts, which is considered enough for a family of up to four people.
The size is also another important consideration because it dictates how easy it will be to store the air fryer when not in use. For most large-capacity air fryers, their size is not bigger than 15 by 20 inches.
2. Temperature Control
An air fryer has been designed to heat foods from 150 degrees to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. While there are air fryers that provide the users with the ability to control the temperature, some may not. Those that have this feature give you the ability to tune the exact temperature using a simple minus or plus button, or some come with a rotary knob. Some also give preset temperatures that you can use to prepare different types of foods.
The power level is important when choosing the best air fryer. A high-quality air fryer should have a power of at least 1,200 watts. In comparison to a toaster oven and oil fryers, air fryers will require less power to function properly.
When it comes to a large air fryer, it is recommended to find one that has presets that include temperature and cooking settings. These settings should be programmed to the air fryer to safely and correctly cook the specific food types.
Most air fryers come with presets for frozen foods, vegetables, poultry, desserts, etc. This makes preparing fried foods easier, just with a little research and a simple push of a button.
An air fryer is an appliance that uses hot air that circulates using a high-speed fan to air fry food without the additional calories from excess oil and also avoid any mess. They use up to 75 percent less oil than deep fryers. Simply, they are a small convection oven that will crisp the top layer of fried food to give you your desired results.
It is a very versatile appliance in the kitchen because, with it, you are able to cook crispy chicken wings, vegetables, french fries, desserts, different types of meat, and more in the air fryer.
Although an air fryer is considered safer than a traditional air fryer, you want to ensure that the one you choose comes with some safety features. When compared to an oil fryer, it has no risks of spilling and splashing or touching hot oil, which may easily cause an injury.
However, for any kitchen appliance that uses high temperatures to cook food, some safety considerations should be followed when using it. Always read through the user manual before using the air fryer. Moreover, it is recommended to unplug it when not in use and monitor it closely, especially if you have children.
7. Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning the air fryer should not be a hassle because it doesn't require cleaning up large quantities of messy oil. To clean it, it should be simple to remove the air fryer basket, lids, and used trays and wash them thoroughly using soap and warm water. Some air fryers come with parts that are dishwasher safe, which makes them simpler to clean.
However, before cleaning the air fryer, always protect the electrical parts and ensure they are not submerged in water. Using a scouring metal pad is not recommended because it can scratch the parts of the air fryer.
8. Additional Features
Most air fryers are not only designed to air fry, but they also come with additional features that will come in handy in a kitchen setting. Some of the additional features include a pause button, rotisserie function, preheating options, a keep warm mode, and accessories for cooking pizza. Air fryers are kitchen appliances that might replace the need to buy many kitchen gadgets and, in turn, free up space in your kitchen cabinets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Air Fryers
1. What is the largest air fryer on the market?
The largest air fryer currently on the market is the Big boss air fryer that is super-sized with a capacity of 16 quarts. Although it is the largest one, it is not quite as effective and functional as the ones listed above.
2. Which one is the best air fryer for a large family?
The best air fryer for a large family is the Ninja Foodi 8-Quart 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Airfryer. Although it doesn't have the biggest capacity, it is the most efficient for functionality, durability, and versatility. It comes with nine preset settings to prevent the hassle of determining the correct settings.
3. What size air fryer do I need for a family of 8?
Most air fryers are designed with baskets that range from 2 to 3 quarts of food, which is enough for 1 to 2 people. Air fryers that range from 8 to 10 quarts are ideal for 8 member families.