The Instant Pot is a prominent appliance for health and wellness, commonly referred to as electric pressure cookers or multi-cookers. You can make thousands of satiating meals that you wish since the best instant pots will make cooking much simpler as these give multiple functions. Most of the multi-cookers will pressure cook, air fry, and slow cook.
We took the prerequisite of making a list of the best instant pots available in the market today with their pros and cons. And further discussed a comprehensive buying guide to help you make a wise and knowledgeable decision.
1. Instant Pot Duo Nova Electric Pressure Cookers
- Best for beginners: An upgrade to the all-time bestseller Instant Pot Duo series, the Duo Nova...
- Healthy & consistently delicious: Duo Nova is powered by a sophisticated micro-processor that...
- Smart lid: The new easy seal lid gives you 1 less thing to worry about because it automatically...
- Worry-free cooking: 10 plus safety features with UL certification let you “set it and forget...
- Clear, simple controls: Elegant blue LCD intuitively indicates the cooking process of the...
Instant Pot Duo Nova Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, and Rice Cooker are well-known electric pressure cookers. It comes with a combination of seven different appliances; Pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, saute pan, food warmer, and yogurt maker. It is a 6-quart size which makes it suitable for families with not more than six members.
The instant pot duo nova has a modernized automatic lid that will relieve you from worrying about closing the steam release valve. The lid ensures that all the flavors and nutrients are locked in, and for pressure releasing, you can press a quick-release button that comes with the cooker. The multi-cooker also guarantees Healthy and consistently tasty due to the advanced microprocessor that helps monitor and regulate pressure, temperature, and time.
It also comes with easy and simple controls and a classic blue LCD that shows the cooking process.
2. Instant Pot Ultra - 6 quart instant pot Multi-Use Programmable
- New features: altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a steam release reset button. The Ultra...
- Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen Appliances. A central...
- Developed with the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor. The...
- Replaces 10 common kitchen Appliances - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt...
- Accessories included: steam rack (with handles), recipe booklet, serving Spoon, Soup Spoon,...
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Multi-Use Programmable is the best instant pot that comes with new and unique features like; cooking indicator, altitude adjustment, and a steam release reset button wish provides addiction programming. These unique features give the ability to make instant pot recipes using these pressure cookers.
The Instant Pot ultra gives a more powerful pressure setting than other instant pot smart wifi. Instant Pot Ultra electric pressure cooker is easy to use because it gives you precise cooking program selection. It also has an embedded microprocessor advanced technology used to monitor the pressure, time, and temperature.
The advantage of this best instant pot is that it can be used as a regular instant pot, slow cooker, rice cooker, egg cooker, cake maker, yogurt maker, saute, steamer, sterilizer, and warmer. This means you can maximize the performance of this best instant pot.
3. Instant Pot Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer
- The Instant Pot That Air Fries: The hottest new multi-cooker from the makers of the all-time...
- 11-In-1 1-Touch Cooking Programs: Put cooking on autopilot with delicious results; Pressure cooks,...
- Tender Juicy Meals with a Crisp Golden Finish: Innovative EvenCrisp technology ensures a perfect...
- Air Fryer Accessories: The multi-level air fryer basket with dehydrating and broiling tray is...
- Dishwasher Safe Stainless-Steel Cookware: Cook for up to 8 people with the premium quality (18/8)...
Instant Pot Smart Duo Crisp Pressure Cooker with Air Fryer is the best instant pots with 11 touch cooking programs that ensure that you make the best foods of Pressure cook, Saute, steam, slow cook, sous vids, warm, air fry, roasts, bakes and more. Instant pot duo nova gives tender and delicious food and gives you a Crisp Golden Finish with the even crisp tech.
These instant pot models will give you fantastic usual pressure cooking and air frying foods and saves on time. It has air-fried equipment that comes with the cooker; air fryer lid, dehydrating and broiling tray and air fryer basket, stainless steel. The pressure cookers are dishwasher safe and can cook for more than eight people.
The instant pot duo has ten inbuilt advanced safety features that include automatic pressure, overheat protection, and temperature control. The instant pot smart also has an easy seal lid with an automatic feature that enhances safety while pressure cooking and pressure release.
4. Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker
- The best gets even better: Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is the latest evolution of the all-time...
- Cooks fast & saves time: Cooks up to 70 % faster; New 1200w heating element reduces preheating time...
- Consistently delicious as you like it: 48 customizable preset options for soups, beans, rice, ribs...
- Cookware grade inner pot: New 304 (18/8) stainless steel inner pot with easy grip nonslip handles...
- Biggest display yet: The bright bold display is angled to make it easy to read from a distance; The...
Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker has over 20 improvements that make it very fast and efficient, making it a great choice for new users. It has 1200 watts heating component that reduces the time used to preheat the cooker and the time used to cook food. In addition, the pressure release time is made shorter by the new and advanced quick cool tech used to construct the instant pot.
The instant pot duo plus makes it easy for you to make your favorite recipes that you can get on Free Instant Pot recipe app on iOS and Android devices; you will have the option of making soups, beans, rice, whole chicken, shredded chicken, and more. In addition, the instant pot pressure cooker can be used on induction stovetops, electric, city, and super convenient.
This instant pot can cook for up to six people and is easy to clean. It also has advanced safety protection with more than 11 inbuilt safety measures.
5. Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- Cooks fast & saves time: The Instant Pot Duo Multi-Cooker combines 6 Appliances in one: pressure...
- Consistently delicious: 12 one-touch smart programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry,...
- Easy to clean: Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid and components and accessories are...
- Advanced safety protection: The 10+ built-in safety features, including overheat protection, safety...
- Accessories included: Stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring...
Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 is the best electric pressure cooker that cooks up to 70% fast and saves time. It has a combination of six kitchen appliances; a pressure cooker, Machines in one: pressure cooker, steamer, warmer, slow cooker, and rice cooker. It has a cooking capacity of up to 6 people at a go and is perfect for a family set-up.
The Instant Pot Lux 6-in-1 has the best instant pot accessories like rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, stainless steel lid, and Stainless steel steam rack that are easy to clean. In addition, they feature advanced safety features with overheating protection and a safety lock that guarantee safety while using the pressure cooker.
The amazing thing about this best instant pot is that you can make almost all the available recipes in the free instant pot app on android and iOS phones. Additionally, it has a stainless steel inner pot that ensures that your pot is long-lasting and is dishwasher safe.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Instant Pots
1. Size of the Instant Pot
One of the most important factors to consider is the size of the pot you want to buy. There are four main sizes in the instant pot family; 3-quart, 6-quart, 8-quart, and 10-quart. Among the four sizes available, the most widespread choice is the 6-quart instant pot because it is moderately sized and can feed up to 6 people.
The 8-quart or 10-quart Instant Pot sizes are the most appropriate to use if you are cooking for a large family or making food for a gathering, or doing meal preparation. However, if you stay alone or with one or two people, you can consider getting a 3-quart instant pot model.
You will have to look at creating or maintaining increased pressure in the best instant pot you purchase. For an electric pressure cooker to pressure cook, it will need to build up the pressure first. When liquid is heated up, there is lots of steam released and pressure, which will take 4 to 5 minutes depending on the cooker you purchase.
Many pressure cooker recipes will usually indicate less cook time than the actual cooking times because the more liquid or food you have, the more time it will take to build pressure. Of course, the freezer foods will take more time too.
3. Setup and Easy Cleanup
It is crucial to make sure that you choose the best smart instant pot with a great set-up with easy cleaning features. It is wise to look at the guidebook that comes with the cooker instant pot and make sure that the control is easy to understand, set up and use.
Secondly, make sure that the pots have easy to clean feature that is either dishwasher safe or hand wash safe. And also, it is wise to make sure that you know the right methods and the inner pot is trouble-free to wash by hand.
Performance and efficiency are some of the most important factors you will look at when shopping for the best instant pot pressure cookers. Purchasing a cooker that has multiple uses or a multicooker will be a great idea.
Pressure is one of the most vital factors you will check when considering the performance of the cookers. Slow cooking capability is another factor you will have to look at because it allows you to let your food cook as long as you want. You will also want to check at the rice cooking, bean cooking functions.
5. Preheating and Pressure Release Time
The preheating and pressure release time are the most crucial factors that you will have to consider. The full pressure and temperature will be used can be set depending on the cooking time listed in cooking recipes. In most cases, especially when making a cake, you will have to preheat the best instant pot for between 5 to 30 minutes before cooking, depending on the recipe.
Then you will also need to include the time you will take to open the pressure valve after cooking so that you can release the pressure. Most of these cookers will take around 30 to 45 minutes which will be okay. However, you should make sure that the cooker does not take too much time to preheat or pressure release.
It is very important to make sure that you check the warranty of every piece of kitchen equipment you purchase. You can find that you have purchased a faulty item; the warrant will ensure that you are guaranteed and compensated for the inconveniences or loss. Most of the best instant pots provide a more than one year warrant.
The prices of pressure cookers will vary depending on several factors like the ones we have looked at, among others like brands and stores. Most instant pots are affordable and are readily available, with most online stores having different offers, especially during holidays.
Best instant pot models will range from $50 to $70, but you can get others that will be priced higher. Most of the highly-priced will have advanced technology features. Not to mean that the cheaper ones will not do the basic cooking duties.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Instant Pots
1. Why are instant pots dangerous?
To some extend, instant cookers can be unsafe. For example, having too much food or liquid in the instant cooker when pressure cooking can lead to too much pressure, and tighten the pressure levels can make the steam release valve clog.
2. Do instant pots use a lot of electricity?
The best instant pots will be lower than a standard size electric oven you use in your kitchen. Most of them will use about 2000 Watts but will vary depending on the brand, cooking process and the cooking time.
3. What size instant pot is best for you?
The most regular and popular size for most families with three to six members is the quart 6. However, you can also get the quart 8 and 10 if you cook for more people or fewer quarts if you cook for fewer people.