The best cookie sheets for baking are the best investments a professional, or home baker can purchase to make their cookie batches. Often, cookie sheets and baking sheets are confused and mean the same thing, but they are different. A baking sheet usually has a rimmed edge, while a cookie sheet does not. For a large surface capacity and better circulation, most professional bakers prefer the flat cookie sheet. However, a rimmed baking sheet is more suitable for home baking because it allows you to make several dishes because of its spill-proof edge.
This article will help you with an in-depth look at the best cookie sheets in the market with their significant pros and cons. We have also included is a detailed buying guide to help you navigate the shopping process easier and make an informed decision.
1. Nordic Ware Natural Aluminium Commercial Baker's Half Sheet
- Naturals commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of...
- Foods bake and brown evenly due to aluminum’s superior heat conductivity. Reinforced encapsulated...
- Compatible with parchment paper or silicone baking mats if desired. Easy clean up; hand wash...
- Pan exterior dimensions 17.88 x 12.88 x 1.06 inches and interior dimensions 16.5 x 11.38 x 1 inches
- Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet Pan is the best baking sheet when you are looking to make delicious food easily but on a budget, whether for one person or a crowd. It is the best all-purpose cooking sheet that bakes everything from pizza and cookies to vegetables, and it evenly bakes as good as pricier models. The pan is heavyweight and made of heavy-duty aluminum that guarantees even heat distribution and conduction all over the pan's surface. Because of the construction, you are guaranteed no warping will take place.
The Nordic ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's functions as a jelly roll pan, cookie, and even a half sheet pan, and the size is enough to make large cookie batches. You can use this sturdy, inexpensive sheet pan with parchment paper or use silicone baking mats to guarantee easy cleanup. The raised rims guarantee no warping that the Nordic Ware baking sheets feature that prevent any warps when in use, meaning you will be given a long-lasting service.
For the price, effectiveness, and quality, this Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet can handle different tasks making it a durable baking sheet and our top pick on the list.
2. Rachael Ray 47576 Nonstick Bak
- Easy food release: Roasting pan set features long-lasting all-over nonstick for excellent food...
- Feel good baking set: A portion of the proceeds goes to Yum-o (r), Rachael’s nonprofit that helps...
- Long-lasting cookie pan set: Baking pan set is made from durable steel that resists warping. This...
- Get a grip: Bold-colored, extra-wide grippy handles on the 3-piece sheet set provides a confident...
- Product details: 3-piece set includes 9-inch x 13-inch cookie pan, 10-inch x 15-inch cookie pan,...
Rachael Ray nonstick cookie sheets are top of the list when you mention cookie sheets for baking with many positive reviews online. They make a good investment for your kitchen for your next cooking adventure and also can qualify as a good gift set because, for the price, it comes with three sheet pans. All three pans are non-stick coated and high edges meaning they will release food with no hassle after the cooking session and also, cleaning them up will be a breeze because they don't need to be scrubbed.
Rachael Ray nonstick baking sheets have been made from high-quality steel that is safe for oven use, and you can adjust the temperatures up to 500 degrees. Thanks to the construction material, there will be no warping experienced even after extended use or frequent use. Additionally, the baking sheets feature extra-wide boldly colored rubberized grips that guarantee you hold them confidently without any slipping worries.
3. Vollrath Wear-Ever Cookie Sheet Pan
- IDEAL USE FOR BAKERY, COMMERCIAL KITCHEN, and CATERING OPERATION: The heavy gauge 3004 aluminum...
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: This Vollrath cookie sheet has two curved edges and two flat edges to make it the...
- MULTIPLE USES: Bake moist cookies on this 10 gauge Vollrath Wear Ever 68085 cookie sheet. Whether...
- NSF CERTIFIED: NSF means a high quality. Items marked with the NSF logo means that the item and its...
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: To clean, simply wipe with a soft dry cloth; if pans must be washed, do not use...
Vollrath Wear-Ever Half-Size Sheet Pan is the best cookie baking sheet that features rimless cookie sheets if you don't like the versatility of a rimmed sheet. The half sheet pan is made of a 10-gauge aluminum which is relatively thick, making it warp-free without structural support that comes with rims. With a simple one-rim design, the sturdy cookie sheet maximizes airflow and can be easily rotated and gripped in the oven with no chance of buckling or warping.
This Vollrath cookie sheet features two curved edges and two flat edges that make it the ideal aluminum baking sheet as you can easily slide off cookies for them to cool. To avoid this 18 inches cookie sheet from sticking, you can use a cooking spray or a liner which is an extra step, but it's worth it. The pan design is suitable for easy stacking so that you won't have any issues storing the pans.
4. Farberware Ceramic Nonstick Cookie Sheet
- Versatile baking pan: Sheet pan is perfect for oven toasting, roasting, and baking, Farberware(r)...
- Nonstick cookie sheet: This Farberware baking sheet boasts ceramic nonstick inside and out delivers...
- Even browning sheet pan: Quilted surface improves baking pan stability and boosts airflow during use...
- Easy handling bake pan: Cookie pan features rolled rims and wide bakepan handles with plenty of room...
- High heat baking pan: Versatile sheet pan and cookie pan is Oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
The Farberware Ceramic Nonstick Cookie Sheet features an aggressive nonstick surface easy to clean and has extended side rims that make it easy to remove from the oven. This is a suitable option for any cook looking for the best ceramic-coated pan or a colorful pan to add color to your kitchen and be picture-worthy. It is steel coated and uses a PTFE-free and PFOA-free nonstick ceramic that makes cleanup very easy.
According to reviews, the textured surface adds to their durability and makes them warp-resistant while also allowing maximum airflow even when cooking your baked goods. It also features a rim with a gutter around the edges of the cooking surface that can catch liquids and a wide handle that provides easy inserting and removal from the cooker. The Farbaware ceramic coated pans are available in two colors, lavender, and aqua; they measure 11 x 17 inches and can be used with high temperatures of up to 5oo degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Cookie/Jelly-Roll Pan Set
- IDEAL FOR BAKING MULTIPLE DISHES: The Chicago Metallic Non-Stick Baking Sheet Set is ideal for all...
- CONSISTENT HEAT DISTRIBUTION: The baking sheet is made from heavy-weight carbon steel to evenly...
- NON-STICK COATING FOR EASY RELEASE: The Chicago Metallic Baking Sheets and Cooling Rack feature a...
- THE PERFECT SIZED BAKING SHEET SET: The sheets feature a wire rod reinforced rim to prevent any...
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE: This non-stick baking sheet is easy to store and can be stacked within other...
The Chicago Metallic set is highly conductive and will bake and roast any food equally without overcooking anything. However, it's important to note that the Chicago Metallic nonstick cookie sheet is small and can't fit many cookies at a go or a standard size pizza unless you balance it on the sheet's rim. The size makes this half-size sheet pan best for bakers with a crowded surface or space or owns a small oven but not the best pans for making regular food amounts.
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Cookie Sheets for Baking
All cookie sheets are not made equally, and that's why you need a buying guide to find out what to look for before making your purchase.
There are different types of cookie sheets in the market, and they include stainless steel, silicon, aluminum, and insulated cookie sheets. All these types have their advantages and disadvantages, and some people prefer some.
Some people prefer the insulated types, two pieces of metal manufactured with one on top and a permanent air pocket between the two pieces. Thanks to the insulated sheet, the air pocket usually heats to the same oven temperature, resulting in more baking with fewer chances of burning the cookie batches. They are more reliable because of the metal sheets, most have non-stick surfaces, and they are more pricey than other cookie sheets.
2. Durability and Quality
The best cookie sheets that offer durability should endure a change in temperatures as a durable product will ensure you use the sheet for an extended period. The best quality will give you evenly baked and freshly cooked for quality, so make sure your cookie sheets are heavy-duty and sturdy. Flimsy sheets usually warp in the oven, and the lightweight quality cannot support a full cookie batch when putting it in the oven or getting it out.
Most cookie sheets are made from either aluminized steel or aluminum, but aluminum is the preferred material by most people. They are preferred because it is very durable and promotes even heat distribution. Also, they are easy to clean and affordable, but if you are interested in sturdier ones, you can choose the heavy-gauge aluminum sheet pans. However, some acidic foods such as tomatoes react with aluminum or aluminized steel and cause a metallic taste, so you should line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Silicone baking sheets are also ideal for baking cookies, and they are more durable than metal cookie sheets and more so cleaning them is easy. The non-stick cookie sheets are designed to remove cookies without coating grease in the pan before you use them, and they are the easiest to clean. Ensure you check the manufacturing company of the bakeware to confirm if it's a trusted brand, and this will assure you that they have used quality materials.
Most people find the best choice to be aluminum cookie sheets and others a silicone sheet and others side with a stainless steel cookie sheet. All the above baking trays are excellent choices come at a friendly price.
5. Cookie Color
Your cookie color can be determined by what cookie sheet you choose, and they range from golden to lightly tanned. Shiny sheets are ideal when your cookies are not intended to be brown at the bottom. On the other hand, the light-colored metallic colors bring out golden brown cookies. Lastly, dark cookie sheets might result in over-brown cookie batches because of high usage and design.
The cookie sheet size should be according to the oven size, and any baker should use the best cookie sheets, and they should allow two inches from the sheet's edge to the oven's side to allow proper air circulation and perfectly baked goods. However, your budget and storage space will determine the size of the baking sheet you purchase.
When it comes to finishes, the main question is whether the baking sheets are stick or nonstick, which is mostly a personal preference. Notably, a nonstick cookie sheet is easy to clean because you won't have to scrape food from your pan, and also, they bake quickly because they often come in dark colors. However, they eventually wear off, and you will need to get a pan replacement.
On the other hand, are the sticky pans like the aluminum cookie sheets that stick but can be scraped off and last longer than the nonstick cookie sheets.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best pan to bake cookies on?
Aluminum is the best and most preferred material by many cooks since it is affordable, durable, and thick. According to plenty of reviews, pans made from aluminum material hold up well even with extended use. As long as you keep them away from the dishwasher, you can avoid discoloration and scuffs.
2. Can I bake cookies in a glass sheet pan?
Yes, if you don't have a cookie sheet, you can use a tempered glass sheet pan even though it won't produce great results as a cookie sheet would. This is because a cookie sheet is conductive, heats up fast, and cools quickly, which is ideal for baking cookies.
3. Does the color of the baking sheet matter?
Like all bakeware, the color of the baking sheet is essential because it affects heat retention, where dark pans may absorb a lot of heat, causing the bottom of the cookies to burn. However, suppose you use the baking sheets often. In that case, you will easily learn how to adjust your baking temperatures and time using trial and error, and you can bake an undone cookie more, but you can't reverse an overbaked cookie. You can try pulling the cookie out of the oven early, and if it's not fully baked, you can return it to the oven.