Having a blender in your kitchen is indeed essential, as you can get a lot of benefits from it. This appliance is suitable for smoothies lovers and for anyone who wants their cooking tasks to become easier and faster. With a blender, you can get yourself a tasty milkshake or even fresh and savory homemade dressings and soups.
However, many people hesitate when purchasing a blender as they think they can’t afford a good blender. Don’t let price become the obstacle. There are now various types of blenders in the market at different price ranges.
So how to choose the right blender with a tight budget? The answer is in this review. We are going to show you the list of best blenders under $100 that offer great features at a very reasonable price.
Do You Need A Personal Blender For Your Kitchen? Benefits Of A Blender
Blenders can not only be used for making fruit or green smoothies; they are also used for other functions as well. From icy cocktails to smooth dips and savory sauces, the best blender can be used for a huge range of recipes.
So, what are the benefits of using a blender? Here are the main reasons why you should have the best personal blender in your kitchen;
- They are the only appliance that can be used to make high-quality and delicious fruit smoothies as well as green smoothies. Additionally, other recipes like an iced beverage can benefit from crushed ice.
- They help reduce the hassle of using a mortar and pestle to crush important ingredients. The best blenders under $100 can be used to chop ingredients, grind spices, and make flours coarsely.
- Since most blenders have glass jars and plastic lids, they are very easy to clean.
How Does A Blender Work?
The best blender under $100 simply works to blend ingredients once you drop them in. When the blender is connected to electrical power, press the start button to activate the motor. The shaft will then spin at the set speed, and the blades will also spin at the same speed.
This speed will create a vortex in the pitcher, and the vortex will create a vacuum at the center of the jar. The vacuum will pull all the ingredients in the middle to ensure they are chopped and recirculated.
The motor pulses prevent the hard ingredients from building up around the blades. With the pulse and different speeds, the results should be a consistent texture of your drink.
What Do You Want To Make?
Virtually all blenders nowadays can make adequate smoothies. But not all blenders operate well with ice and other hard-to-combine ingredients.
Many blenders are not strong enough to easily crush ice hockey, nuts, and seeds. Additionally, the build quality of a 100 blender is not likely to be on the level of a $500 version, so components such as the blades are vulnerable to damage also.
If you’re likely to be operating with hard ingredients, it is essential to discover a robust blender capable of getting the work done.
From the under $100 range, you are going to discover that lots of blenders work for mixing a huge array of recipes. In addition, a heartbeat function is beneficial since it will offer you the additional capability to soften hard-to-combine ingredients. Besides, it can help you to prevent over-processing.
At times you’ll have to chop ingredients up rather than mix them in a smooth consistency, and the heartbeat feature will permit you to do exactly that.
Listed below are a few other items to Search for:
- How large is it?
- Is your lid watertight?
- Can it be made from BPA-free polycarbonate material?
- Can it readily fit under your kitchen cupboard?
- Is your container dishwasher safe?
- How hard is the blender foundation along with the controls to wash?
- Would you add ingredients while mixing?
In the end, it is important to look at how often you’re going to use your blender. The simple fact of the matter is blending causes wear and tear on a system, which will directly affect the durability of your blender.
So, here are the ten best blender reviews you should consider buying.
1. Ninja Professional 72-oz Blender (Best Choice under $100)
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough...
- XL CAPACITY: The 72 oz professional blender pitcher is excellent for making frozen drinks and creamy...
- INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY: Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable power with blades that...
- ICE CRUSHING: Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious...
- RECIPE INSPIRATION: The included recipe guide provides drink and dish making inspiration.
The first blender we want to show you on our list of the best machines priced under $ 100 is Ninja Professional 72oz Blender. A multifunctional blender that can deliver high performance at a very reasonable price. A lot of customers have chosen this blender and are satisfied with it.
Ninja 72 oz Blender comes with a 1000 watt motor that allows you to blend any ingredient in easily in a short amount of time. This power is just right for any household use.
You can blend your smoothies in less than a minute or effortlessly create your favorite sauces and soups. Also, the blender work with pretty quiet performance.
Along with the powerful motor, this cheap blender is designed with a six-blade system that can cut the ingredients in a moment. More than that, you can freely process ice and frozen fruit with it thanks to Total Crushing Technology, a perfect solution for any smoothies lover.
Operating Ninja 72 oz Blender is a breeze as the control panel is designed with five simple buttons. Besides, the blender’s 72 oz jar is ideal for making large drinks for the whole family. It is made of BPA-free plastic, which is safe for food and health.
Ninja Professional 72 oz Blender is the highest-quality reasonably priced blender. It can bring a high-quality blending result at the most reasonable price.
2. Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender
- 700 watts: Peak blending power for powerful ice crushing.
- Wave action system: 700 watt power blender continuously pulls mixture down into the blades for...
- 12 blending functions: Multi-function blender with only 5 simple buttons on the easy to read control...
- Easy to clean: Blades remove for easy cleaning. Jar, blades, and lid are dishwasher safe for easy...
- Clean, easy pour: Multi-function blender with unique, no mess pouring spout.
Another excellent blender under $100 you might consider is Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender. This compact blender at a great price will bring a new breeze to your kitchen. It has a lot of functions that can assist you with your cooking tasks.
Featured with a 700-watt motor, the blender can work finely with almost any ingredient. This is perfect for household use, but don’t expect too much to crush ice or frozen fruits like stronger blenders efficiently. In addition, it is advised that you use ingredients that are not too tough for this blender, making the blender last longer.
Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender has a portable size of 5.62 pounds, making it a good fit for any kitchen, even the smaller ones. In addition, the Wave Action design is available in the 40-ounce glass blender jar, which constantly pushes the ingredients down to the blades and saves the blending time.
More than that, no blender can be easier to operate than this one. The Hamilton Beach 58148A provides you with 12 different blending features through 5 simple buttons.
With all the speed controls you need, and all the controls are placed before you. Hence, you just put all the ingredients into your blender and let it finish the job quickly for you.
This blender is a great choice for people who want to find a budget blender that can perform efficiently. Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender will not let you down.
3. Ninja Professional BL660 Blender
- Ninja professional blender with Nutri Ninja Cups has 1100 watts of professional performance power...
- 72 ounce total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and...
- 2 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient rich...
- XL. capacity to create creamy, frozen drinks and smoothies for the whole family
- Dishwasher safe and BPA free parts single serve blade assembly
Another perfect choice below 100 dollars I would recommend to you is Ninja Professional BL660 Blender, and it can bring fantastic blending results to your kitchen.
The blender has an 1100 watt power motor, which can offer a high power efficiency to home use. You can make fast and convenient smoothies for your breakfast or workout meal, or preparing any dish requires blending. It is really a good delicious smoothie maker for under $100.
Besides, if you want to choose a blender with a huge blending jar, then Ninja BL660 is a pretty good option. The total jar capacity is 72 ounces, making it ideal for making a large drink for families and friends.
Besides, you can conveniently make on-the-go drinks to work with 2 16oz single-serve cups. Don’t worry about the spill-out because both cups have their lid.
For greater efficiency, Ninja BL660 Blender is equipped with a six-blade assembly, combined with a powerful blending motor to produce a high-speed blending.
Moreover, the blender provides 10-speed options to give you the most precise blending speed for your desired texture. You can also take full control of your blending process with the “pulse” option.
Also, the blender is super easy to clean because all of its parts are dishwasher safe. However, be careful when washing the blade system cause they are very sharp and can injure your hand.
Ninja BL660 Blender is indeed a good investment for your kitchen because of its versatility and powerful motor.
4. NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender
- The Nutribullet is the fastest, easiest solution for making nutrient- packed smoothies. Load it up...
- Powerful 600-watt motor and refined nutrient-extraction blades blend whole foods into liquid fuel...
- Included: (1) 600W motor base, (1) Extractor blade, (1) milling blade, (1) Handled cup, (1) 24 oz...
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply twist off the blade, rinse with soap and water, and put the cups in...
- Note: Refer to user manual before use
As a well-known candidate in the recent market, NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender can offer great blending experiences to customers. This best quiet blender for under $100 can do the blending job easily.
NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender runs at a 600-watt motor, allowing it to blend the smoothies perfectly and fast. The ingredients in the blender will be quickly blended.
Also, you will find the operation so quiet when using this blender. Also, the package includes 3 cups of different sizes: one 24-ounce and two 18-ounce Nutribullet cups, as well as different blades for each grinding and blending needs.
The manufacturer did a pretty good job of making the operation of NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender easy to use. There is no button or control needed. All you do to start the blending process is to put your ingredients into the jar, then seal it with the blade, and finally push the cup down, twist it and blend.
The motors’ safety mode is immediately switched on the right when you put the jar on the motor base.
Cleaning this blender fits your budget is super easy and not a painful task after usage. Just twist off the blade’s system, rinse them with water and let it dry. The cups are also really simple to clean and require no effort at all.
NutriBullet NBR-1201 Blender will make your chopping and blending task much easier. The compact size, along with ease of use, makes the blender a favorite device of many customers.
5. Ninja BL480 Nutri Blender
- Auto IQ technology optimizes ninja: Pro extractor blades and power to deliver powerful nutrient and...
- Powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction provides great tasting, nutritious beverages
- 1000 watt motor has the power to crush through whole fruits, vegetables and ice in seconds
- Nutri Ninja pro extractor blades rotate at high speed to liquefy ingredients into smooth nutrient...
- Includes: (1) small 18 ounce Nutri Ninja cup, (1) regular 24 ounce Nutri Ninja cup, (2) sip & seal...
With this blender, there is a lot of positive features to talk about. Besides its perfectly reasonable price, Ninja BL480 Nutri Blender can provide you with great help during the cooking process.
Designed with 1000-watt power, this blender can quickly smash whole fruits, veggies, and even ice. Hence, you can have your favorite smoothies in seconds or quickly prepare the chopped onions or vegetables for your dishes. Besides, when the blender becomes overheated, it will automatically stop to protect the motor.
For great efficiency, Ninja BL480 Nutri Blender provides two blending options: Auto-iQ choices – blend and ultra blend for different types of ingredients.
These are pre-programs settings, so what you do is to select the option for your ingredients and then do other tasks. On the other hand, you can still get full control of your blending process by manual operation through the Stop/Start and Pulse function.
For convenience and a better experience, Ninja BL480 Nutri Blender offers you various blending cups in different sizes. They include a Jumbo 32-ounce cup, a 24-ounce Nutri Ninja cup, and a single-serve 18-ounce. These blender jars are BPA-free and can serve different purposes, so you can easily choose the most suitable one for your blending task.
If you’re a busy person and want to improve your healthy diet with smoothies but have little time to check how your blender’s working, then Ninja BL480 Nutri Blender is the best blender for smoothies.
6. KitchenAid KSB1570SL Blender
- The Intelli-Speed Motor Control senses contents and maintains optimal speed to power through all...
- Stir, chop, mix, puree or liquefy. Pulse mode works with all speeds for staggered blending, while...
- The Soft Start Feature starts the motor at a slower speed to pull food into the blade then quickly...
- Steel-Reinforced Coupler provides direct, efficient power transfer from the motor directly to the...
- The Clean-Touch Control Panel wipes clean easily
The KitchenAid KSB1570SL Blender is an affordable blender that can offer a wide range of features. It will give you a high-performance blending ability and help you solve lots of kitchen tasks.
The blender can give smooth and efficient blending thanks to its robust motor. Besides, with the unique Intelli-Speed Motor Control, the blender can notice the blender’s toughness to give them appropriate blending speed.
KitchenAid provides an easy-to-use control panel that includes all the function buttons you expect from a blender, including stir, chop, mix, puree, and liquefy. In addition, the ice crush button allows you to process ice easily, and finally, the pulse function allows you to control your blending process’s speed and power.
Besides, the blender comes with a plastic jar with a jar capacity of 56 oz, which is suitable for preparing a nutritious and delicious meal for all in the family. It is specially designed to avoid shattering and scratches and is dishwasher safe for quick and simple cleanup.
KitchenAid KSB1570SL Blender deserves to be the best low-cost blender for any household use because of its efficiency, versatility, and ease of use.
7. Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender
- The Oster pro 1200 blender plus food processor starts with 1200 powerful watts, and lets you use the...
- Blender and food chopper feature smart settings technology and 7 speeds, including 3 pre programmed...
- Dual direction blade technology blends in forward and reverse, allowing ingredients to flow down...
- Comes with an 6 cup boroclass glass jar; extra large, bpa free 5 cup food processing bowl; stainless...
- 10 year duration last all metal drive limited warranty for longevity; 900 watts of ice crushing...
Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender is a great blender for under 100 dollars. It is a combination of blender and food processor, bringing convenience to users.
Running at 1200 powerful watt power, and Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender can assist you in making and preparing various dishes, from healthy smoothies for breakfast, soup for lunch and dinner in the quickest amount of time using the blender and food processor combination.
There are three available speed options in the Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender, including Low, Medium, and High, along with the Pulse function that gives you control over the blending.
Besides that, it has three pre-program settings for different uses: Green/frozen smoothies, Food chop/salsa, and, finally, milkshakes. These functions allow you to get a hand-free operation and save your time effectively.
Besides, the 48-oz blending jar of Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender is made of borosilicate glass, a durable and high-quality type of glass, making it last longer and temperature-resistant. Moreover, the blender also provides a BPA-free food processing bowl for processing food easily, and finally, a 24-oz cup with a lid for on-the-go drinks.
Oster Blender Pro 1200 Blender is a good fit for any kitchen with a great price, excellent blending performance, and ease of use.
8. Cuisinart CPB-300 Blender
- Powerful 350-watt motor with a sleek electronic touchpad and LED indicator lights
- Standby Mode; Safety interlock and Auto Stop features
- High, low and pulse controls with a patented ultra sharp stainless steel blade
The Cuisinart CPB-300 Blender is an easy-to-use single-serve blender. It is a great option for any personal needs at a reasonable price blender.
The blender operates at a 350-watt motor, combined with the ultra-sharp stainless steel blades patented by Cuisinart, making it blend all the ingredients quickly and effortlessly.
You can use two different blade systems to chop, blend, and grind your ingredients effectively. Also, it has some safety features to ensure the highest performance, including a safety interlock device, an auto stop switch, and a slip-proof base to keep the machine standstill when blending.
For safety, the Cuisinart CPB-300 Blender has an automatic 2-minute auto-stop, standby, and, finally, safety interlock feature. There are two different speed options: high, low, along with the pulse functions.
With these speeds, you can choose the most suitable one for your ingredients for better results. To help you track the control clearly, the touchpad control is designed with LED to show what speed you are choosing.
This blender has various blending jars come along: a 32-oz. BPA-free blending jar with the lid to ensure no accidents and spills; an 8-oz BPA-free chopping cup used for preparing food suck as chopping and grinding; and finally, four different 16-oz travel cups with lids for personal drinks.
People with personal blending needs or small families should take this blender into account as Cuisinart CPB-300 Blender can offer versatility and great blending results.
9. Countertop Blender Professional Commercial Blender
One of the incredibly cheap blenders is Countertop Blender Professional Commercial Blender. This is the heavy-duty blender that can solve almost all the blending tasks in your kitchen.
The blender arrives with a 2200-watt motor power, which means it can crush and pulverize the ingredients effortlessly. Therefore, you can easily process your favorite ingredients in this one and get great blending results.
Combined with this powerful motor is the unique 6-blade assembly that can process any ingredient at ease. This is a powerful feature for a blender.
Also, the pitcher is BPA-free and has a total jar capacity of 70 oz, allowing you to make and prepare the whole batch of healthy and nutritious smoothies. With the food-grade plastic, the jar is safe to store food and use for blending. Additionally, it is heat-resistant and very durable.
To get the desired blending texture, you easily adjust the blender’s speeds with the speed control knob, which can be changed during the process. Also, there is a Pulse feature for better control of the final result.
Cleaning this blender is not at all a pain because you need to put some water into the jar, add some dish detergent, turn the blender on for less than 40 seconds and let it do the cleaning job itself.
Countertop Blender Professional Commercial Blender is indeed a heavy-duty blender at a very reasonable price. It is suitable not only for home use but also for professional kitchens.
10. BLACK+DECKER BL1210BG Blender
- 6-Cup PerfectPour Glass Jar: The thick, sturdy glass jar has a classic feel with advanced...
- 700W Motor: The energetic motor delivers 700W at peak performance* to easily crush and blend an...
- 4-Tip QuadPro Blade Technology: The 4-tip stainless steel blending blade works with the shape of the...
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts: Cleanup is a breeze with the dishwasher-safe jar, blade, and lid.
- Lid with Pour Spout and Ingredient Slot: Keep the lid attached while you pour thanks to the...
The last one that we want to send to you in our list of the best blenders less than 100 dollars is BLACK+DECKER BL1210BG Blender. BLACK+DECKER BL1210BG Blender has a robust motor and various features that make your kitchen tasks simpler.
The blender uses a 700-watt motor that can help it easily smash the ice and other tough ingredients effortlessly to make delicious smoothies or prepare different dishes. Along with this efficient motor, there are intuitive four-speed control options that allow you to get the perfect control for your texture.
In addition, BLACK+DECKER BL1210BG Blender is featured with 4 Tip QuadPro Blade Technology. The stainless steel blade system is well designed with the pitcher shape, allowing it to create a consistent flow and eddy that directly moves the ingredients to the blades, thus improving the blending time.
The glass blending jar is another good feature as it is durable and has a total jar capacity of 6 cups, allowing you to create large drinks for the family.
Cleaning the blender is super easy and quick because all the parts are removable and dishwasher safe, preventing you from dealing with a mess after using.
Fast and powerful blending, easy to operate and clean, the BLACK+DECKER BL1210BG Blender is what you need to start a healthy and convenient lifestyle.
Types of Blenders
There are several different types of blenders, and every type works differently based on their function in making food or drinks. However, all these blenders blend food in a similar spinning action. So, here are the main types of blenders;
1. Countertop Blender
These types of blenders are considered a one-stop-shop for great drinks, for example, Vitamix and Kitchenaid. They are often confused by how a food processor attachment works, but they are generally larger and are great for blending hard ingredients or baby food. However, most countertop blenders are only designed for cool or cold liquids, so be careful while using hot liquids.
2. Immersion Blenders
An immersion blender is mainly used to puree a sauce or soup that is in a pot. It saves you the trouble of transfering hot liquids from the pot to the blender glass jar. An immersion blender is one of the most common types of personal blenders. Unlike other blenders, an immersion blender is handheld and includes a comfort handle and a chopping blade that is surrounded by a safety guard.
3. Full-sized blenders
These are the most versatile blenders, and they are also the largest with blending jars that are as large as 72 ounces. You’ll want to get a good full-sized blender if you do a lot of heavy-duty blending of smoothies, dips, frozen drinks, nut butter, and dips. They can also be as powerful as 2000 watts, but there are some with less power.
4. Personal Blender
A personal blender is a very small blender that has less jar capacity ranging from 24 to 32 ounces. These blenders are best used for smoothies and soups. However, a personal blender with less power makes them not great for denser ingredients such as nuts.
5. Single Serve Blenders
Also known as bullet blenders, the single-serve blender is a type of personal blender popularly made by Ninja blender, Magic Bullet blender, and Nutribullet blenders. They include a range of sizes, but most of them have the jar capacity to make drinks for a single person.
6. Portable Blenders
These are one of the newest types of blenders that have recently hit the market. They are so small that you can carry them with you, have spout lids and often run on battery, which means you can use them anywhere. This small blender comes with a clear glass jar where one end of the jar screws to the motor and the other one to the blade base. For such a small blender, they are lightweight, have a small jar capacity and are budget blenders.
What Can You Make Using a Blender?
Once you get your best blender under $100, here are the top three recommendations for recipes you can try;
- Smoothies- Main ingredients include milk or milk substitutes, ice, and fresh fruits or veggies. However, there is no limit on what you can put on a fresh smoothie. For instance, you could try adding a dash of cinnamon or a spoonful of coconut oil for that tropical vibe.
- Juices- Main ingredients will include fresh fruits or veggies and water or ice. The best blender under $100 should be able to conveniently blend fruits or crush ice into a smooth consistency.
- Pesto- This is another fast and easy recipe that can be easily made using a blender instead of crushing them using hand in a pestle and mortar.
- Hummus- You can easily toss all the ingredients, including olive oil, chickpeas, and some seasonings, in the best blender under $100 and whip them for easy cooking.
What Do You Consider When Buying the Best Blender Under $100?
You have seen our standing of the ten best cheap blenders of 2020. But how can you decide on the best one for your precise requirements? We are here to assist with this guide to the characteristics you might choose to keep a lookout for.
The very first thing you might want to check is that the wattage of your version’s motor. If the wattage is too low, then the engine might not be powerful enough to combine harder ingredients such as ice or frozen fruit.
A wattage over 1,000 should be a lot for many mixing, but if you would like a really powerful machine, you might choose to buy a model with nearer to 2,000 watts of electricity.
The blade assembly is your blender component, which does all the grinding, grinding, and devastating functions. To ensure that your new blender will get the job done nicely, you might choose to look closely at these blades’ high quality and substance.
Some best blenders include stainless steel blades for durability and numerous blade assemblies, which may be useful when utilizing your blender for different tasks. To maintain your blender working nicely, you might have to replace the blades sooner or later.
If you’re planning on using your blender broadly, you might want to check whether the manufacturer provides replacement blades.
3. Speed Settings
The speed settings of the best blender under $100 come in handy to maintain a consistent and precise speed when blending to achieve perfect results. The speed settings also determine the duration at which the blender will take to achieve a smooth consistency. These settings have control over the blender and what it will be doing at a given time.
Most blenders, even the cheapest blenders, will come with several different speed settings to allow the blending of different ingredients. A blender with at least three-speed settings is considered better as it can be used to blend a wide range of blending ingredients.
4. Blending Capacity
Do you typically combine large amounts or single portions? If you’d like a blender that may work for a celebration or massive quantities of cooking, then you might choose to start looking for a pitcher with at least 50 oz of power.
If you would instead combine single smoothies or tiny quantities of soup or sauce, you might prefer a compact, lightweight bullet blender. These machines typically arrive with traveling cups, which it is possible to combine a shake or smoothie, saving you from having to wash several containers.
5. Jar Material
Blenders are mostly made of plastic or glass jar material. Glass pitchers are more appealing and more durable and thicker, and may be expensive. On the other hand, Vinyl pens are lightweight and more inexpensive, but might be more inclined to crack, blot, or become muddy.
If you would like the most lasting plastic pitcher, then you might choose to search for one that is made from Tritan, a durable, shatterproof kind of plastic. If you are worried about substances, you might also wish to be certain that the vinyl is BPA-free.
6. Ease of Use
Of course, you don’t want to get a blender that is difficult to use. Unlike other blenders, most budget blenders won’t come with lots of functions, making them very easy to use. A twist-to-start feature is great, as well as one-touch blending. For the sake of convenience, the parts should be dishwasher safe, making them even simpler to use.
Do not worry. There are loads of great versions in the below -$100 range. However, are you ready to invest that $100, or would you like the lowest-cost version you may get? Before you begin shopping, you might choose how much you are prepared to spend on a brand new blender.
If something goes wrong, do you enjoy your investment to be protected with a fantastic warranty? Producers provide a range of guarantees, covering the standard one year or moving around 10 or 15 decades.
You might also wish to look closely at the particulars of your product’s guarantee, as some might just pay for the engine or charge transport or replacement charges.
Food Processor Vs. Blender: Which One Is Better For You?
Although food processors and blenders might look similar and they are both capable of making dips, sauces, and purees, they are not equally functional in performing all kitchen tasks. Ideally, a food processor attachment won’t be able to do the work of a personal blender, while a blender may not be able to do the tasks of a food processor attachment.
A good quality blender has one fixed blade that is designed to whip or puree ingredients into a smooth paste or a liquid form for soups, nut butter, smoothies, and sauces. On the other hand, food processors have a set of blades used for different tasks.
Most food processors can mince, dice, and chop ingredients and can also shred and grate if you need lots of cheese or you’re making coleslaw. A food processor attachment may be a better choice if you mostly make soups, dips, and sauces.
Food processors can make thick chunky sauces and salads, but if you’re interested in making icy drinks or a morning smoothie, the best personal blender is by far a perfect choice.
However, if you want to use both as you’re looking for the functions of both a glass blender and a food processor attachment, there are some combo options that can do both, although they are not as effective as a single unit.
Blender Vs. Mixer Grinder: Which One is Better?
A blender is an appliance that comes with a blade, a plastic container or a glass jar. The best blender under $100 is mostly used to dissolve solid things into liquid and for chopping ingredients. There are several uses of blenders; for example, they can be used to make purees, a morning smoothie, soup and crushing ice.
On the other hand, mixer grinders are versatile appliances that use whisks and paddles to mix your ingredients. A mixer grinder is mostly used for stirring, beating, and whisking. For example, you beat eggs, whip creams, and make dough using a mixer grinder.
How Do You Clean a Blender Attachment?
When it comes to cleaning a blender attachment, it is always a good idea to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. To clean the blender, you should empty all the liquids, unplug them from an electrical source, wipe off excess food particles, and disassemble the removable parts like blades.
Here are the important steps you need to follow in cleaning the blender efficiently;
- Remove the blender from its base and unscrew the bottom element.
- Remove the blade, gasket seal, and lid.
- Clean the pitcher with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. You can also put it in a dishwasher if it is dishwasher safe.
- Rinse the pitcher and allow it to dry thoroughly
- Clean the other parts, including the blade, locking ring, and gasket seal, with another warm and soapy water. Rinse them and allow them to dry.
- If something is dried and stuck in the blender, you can use a baking soda solution. Mix water and baking soda in the ratio of 1:1, assemble the blender and run it with the water in the blender. After some time, disassemble the parts and clean them using the above steps.
- When it comes to the motor, you only need to wipe the blender using a damp cloth. Never immerse the motor in water or wash it in the dishwasher.
- Once all the parts are well dried, reassemble them and store your personal blender accordingly.
Most modern blenders have dishwasher-safe parts that make cleaning easy. However, if this is not the case, every blender will include specific instructions on how to clean it.
More Tips for Buying the Best Blender Under $100
- The higher the wattage of a personal blender, the better the chance you will have of getting a more powerful blender.
- To make cleaning easier, consider an impressive blender with dishwasher-safe parts. When checking the product details, find out how best you can clean your best blender.
- Investing in a good-quality blender that features many different settings will allow you to make several different meals. It is particularly great for people who use a personal blender to make sauces, salsas, and dips.
- How often you use a personal blender for fruit and vegetable smoothies should determine the type of blender you buy.
A good blender is not necessarily the most expensive one. Instead, it should be a blender with a decent motor and has all the features that are useful for your daily life.
The above blenders listed in this review can surely satisfy your blending needs at a very affordable price. Hopefully, you can find out which one is the best blender under $100 for you. Stay healthy with your own blender!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Blenders
1. How much power should a blender have?
The horsepower and wattage are the most common ways to determine the power and sheer capacity of the best blender under $100. However, for a small or personal blender, or sometimes budget blenders, you only get approximately 1000 watts of power because you will be blending a reduced number of ingredients.
Unlike personal blenders, large or full-sized blenders or high-end blenders will have a power of 1100 watts is more than enough for daily blending jobs. However, if you want to blend heavier foods, you want to get the absolute best blender with a higher power, for example, Ninja professional blender.
Fortunately, there are more powerful blenders that range between 1400 and 1800 watts, while other premium blenders can go as high as 2000 watts. You’ll probably get a long life blender with this amount of power because you won’t have to rely on high power to do daily blending jobs. Higher power also means faster blends and blades that are able to hit higher speeds.
2. When Should I Replace My Blender?
If you have a blend, but it’s taking a bit too long to form a smooth consistency, then it’s time to replace your blender. There are two main things that may make you replace the blender;
- A failing motor is determined by a lack of enough blending power. First, you should check if the motor is under the warranty of the blender. If not, then it’s time time to replace your personal blender.
- Damage to the blades and/or blender cup. The last thing you want is to have bits of a plastic container, glass jar, or metal container.
3. Are glass blenders better than plastic?
Both glass and plastic containers are suitable for blenders that perform different blending and food processing tasks. However, a glass jar is heavier than a plastic jar and is more rigid and easier to clean. On the other hand, plastic jars are considered better because of high grade and BPA-free material to improve users’ health and durability. A glass jar is also considered better when it comes to dishwashing as they are dishwasher safe.
4. Can you put hot liquid or hot food in a plastic blender?
Hot liquids or hot food should never be added to a plastic blender because, unlike a glass jar, it can totally deform the container and damage the shape of the container. You can only use a damp, warm cloth to clean the blender. Instead, you can consider using a glass blender to avoid damages caused by high temperatures.
5. Which blender is the best for crushing ice?
It is important to note that not all blenders can be used for crushing ice. For a blender to have the ability to crush ice, it needs to be a high-quality blender with high torque and powerful motor as well as durable blades.
A Ninja blender or Hamilton Beach are some of the best blenders under $100 that can be used for this task. This is because of their high power rating motor and durable pitchers and blades, which ensure that ice or frozen fruits are crushed effectively.